New York is one of those cities that a lot of people want to visit at least once in their lifetime. Not only it’s one of the most visited places in the world, but it’s also known for its nightlife, theater, fashion, food, and art.
It can be an unforgettable experience, but it can also be really expensive if you don’t know how to spend your money.
So, if you don’t want to throw your money out the window, here is a guide to help you with your New York trip. It includes both budget and luxury hotels and activities so that you can choose what fits you best.
What to Do in New York?
You can’t get bored in New York if you know where to look. There are so many fun activities to do, some of them even for free. Do you want your trip to be special and remember it for the rest of your life? Here’s a list of activities you can do in New York, so you can even tell your future grandchildren about your vacation.
- Take a Bus Tour: If you want to see the city in all its splendor, you can choose a bus tour ride. There are many tour buses to choose from, as they are based on certain themes. For instance, there is a pizza bus tour, movie and film sights tour, and many others. Choose the perfect one for you.
- Go to Brooklyn Bridge: This bridge is a very popular location not only for tourists but locals as well. People love this place because of the views you have from the bridge as well as the way you feel when you walk across it.
This is definitely something you don’t want to miss. Imagine how great your Facebook profile picture will look if you take pictures here.
- The Museum of Modern Art: If you’re the artistic type, why not spoil yourself by admiring some amazing works of art? Not only that you’ll be able to see professional paintings, but also sculptures, prints, photography, and
Moreover, it’s probably one of the biggest and most influential museums of modern art in the world. That sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it?
- Visit the Statue of Liberty: You’ve seen it in countless pictures and movies. How would it be to see it in real life? Well, pretty amazing, that’s for sure! To visit it, you could go on a boat cruise and get some of the most stunning views in the world.
- Go to the spa: A spa treatment for businessmen is always welcome and New York has many places where you could enjoy such a relaxation session. For instance, Element Natural Healing Arts is amazing is you are dealing with knots. You could get Swedish massages while staying in a heated bed. You can be massaged with oil while the therapist applies pressure in certain areas. It’s certainly something you need in times of stress.
- Visit Central Park: If you want to go on a date but you’re sick of restaurants and bars, this park is a great choice. It’s simple but you can quickly turn it into a romantic date that you and your partner won’t forget.
- Attend an underground concert: Another underrated way to spend your time in New York is attending an underground concert. This city has a lot of such events, and it’s better than being crushed by a crowd at a big concert.
Where to Stay in New York?
Accommodation is very important, and it’s essential to find the right one. However, the thought may scare you, as you risk spending all your money on it. Whereas accommodation requires a lot of money, there are cheaper options as well. So, here is a list of luxury hotels as well as cheaper ones.
- Park Hyatt New York
This artistic hotel is sure to make you feel like it’s too good to be real. It has polished marble floors, soaring ceilings, and around 300 contemporary artworks. There is even a heated swimming pool on the top floor, so don’t forget your swimsuit.
Rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows, allowing you to watch the busy city like in a movie scene. This is a luxury option, and the price per night starts be from $505.
- The Jane
If you love places that are backed up by history, then you’d love to know that, apparently, the survivors of the Titanic stayed here. The aspect is a historic one as well, but the designers added some interesting decorations in the mix. For example, they added potted palm trees and animal heads.
It’s not as expensive compared to other hotels, as the price starts from $83 per night.
Apparently, this is the oldest hotel in New York. The lobby has purple and yellow accents, the furniture has a zebra-print and bare brick walls. You can sleep on designer Therapedic mattresses, and the price per night starts from $107.
- Hilton New York Fashion District
Not only that you have a stunning rooftop view, but the decor of this hotel is fashion-themed and looks stunning. The rooms have pin-striped carpets that took inspiration from traditional men’s suits. Moreover, the ornate wallpaper accents are suggestive as well. They are looking like the lining of a suit jacket.
The prices for a room start from $109 per night.
- The Evelyn
This place is a mix of museum, gallery, and hipster hotel. It has a stunning décor and the rooms have en-suite bathrooms and TVs. It even has silver teardrop-like sculptures that make its design look even better. The price per night can start from $85.
New York can be a great vacation place for you if you choose the right accommodation and activities. Although some places are expensive, there are plenty of things you can do without emptying your wallet. Therefore, embrace the beauty of the city and go back home with some amazing memories.